Close

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default gamecube video issues :/

I was wondering if it's possible to convert NTSC games to PAL for the GC? I've been looking around on the net and all I could find were ones for other consoles. From what I found out it's quite possible to do this with some games however I've found nothing for the GC>

I have a little 14 inch crappy PAL-TV and really hoped that i'd be able to play my GC on it. Obviously PAL games will be ok but I was hoping that I wouldn't have to play my NTSC games in B&W. I know there are adapters out there that can convert the signal but these probably wuldnt work well with my next issue:

the TV only has RF in I can see that there are many RF adapters for the GC but was unsure about the picture quality, does anyone use these or know how good they are? I knw it's not much money to loose if it's bad but I just hoped I could get some insight first.

I know i'm pushing it a bit here but I wondered how bad the image would look if it had to go through a NTSC>PAL adapter and then into a RF adapter?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm a bit clueless about the depths of video signals, I only really know the very basics.

edit: does anyone connect their gc up to their pc? is was looking into it and Dscaler(
    ) looks promising:

Quote Originally Posted by DScaler

DScaler performs a variety of functions:
    • Grabbing video from a DVD player, game console, laserdisc, or VCR in a reliable fashion, in either analog or digital form;
    • Deinterlacing video source, such as sports and news produced with a video camera, as well as console games;
    • Detecting and removing 2:2 pulldown (PAL) and 3:2 pulldown (NTSC) for movies and filmed television programs;
    • Reducing video noise on analog sources;
    • Automatically calibrating video capture cards for optimal brightness, contrast and color;
    • Manipulating video through gamma, sharpness and other filters;
    • Viewing still images;
    • Reducing judder and other video timing anomalies; and
    • Presenting all of the above in the desired resolution and aspect ratio.
    looks good and works well with a WinTV-Go but they have a compatabiity chart -

:thumbs
    Last edited by whatnow; 11th January 2005 at 03:50 AM.