Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Liteon 93450c + LT+ v1.1 + E65 error

having an issue with a Liteon 93450c drive, i wonder if anyone can help me please?

i fitted a LT Clip and Switch v2 a while back and flashed to LT 1.1 fine (i left the clip fitted)

yesterday i reflashed the same drive to LT+ v1.1 using backed up verified keys (JF) and everything was working fine.

I tried a AP2.5 game patched with abgx 1.05 and booted fine aswell as other games.

today i switched the 360 on and now its showing one red light and E65, tried rebooting and showing E65 every time.

do you think the clip has moved? or is it a bad flash?

Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Liteon 93450c + LT+ v1.1 + E65 error

looks like that mate

Thanks
    Karma Level

It could be something as simple as the drive data cable come loose, probably at the motherboard end.
    After checking that though, i'd lose the clip, it doesnt need to be on there (rebuild any cut tracks though).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by matthewy2 View Post

looks like that mate
    ive posted on there, was on same topic so i bumped the thread with my issue which got me a 24 hour ban for thread hijacking? first time ive seen that happen !

Thanks
    Karma Level

also when reflashing a 93450c which i have the keys for, i just plug the drive straight into CK3 and sata to pc yeh?

i dont have to mess with the external LT switch now that ive got the keys?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by biggy7 View Post
    ive posted on there, was on same topic so i bumped the thread with my issue which got me a 24 hour ban for thread hijacking? first time ive seen that happen !
    Miserable gits !

If you had posted a new thread, no doubt someone would have complained that you didn't try searching first.

Thanks
    Karma Level

il grab the 360 and see what happens

hoping its an easy fix

i didnt flash to original fw as i read you didnt need to, but can try this too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by biggy7 View Post
    also when reflashing a 93450c which i have the keys for, i just plug the drive straight into CK3 and sata to pc yeh?

i dont have to mess with the external LT switch now that ive got the keys?

Yes, once you have your key, you don't need to do anything to a lite-on drive other than plug it in, erase, and flash...so if it ends up your drive has died, all you need to do is buy a replacemenet Liteon and flash it, no need to open it up or anything.

If you are anywhere near the Blackpool area, id be happy to assist you with removal of clip and track rebuilding if you don't feel comfortable with it.

But check that cable first...ive had a similar experience and it turned out the cable wasnt pushed fully in at the motherboard end...had me worried for all of 10 seconds or so !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ideally you should unplug the ribbon cable to the lens when you flash, as a high percentage kill the dvd laser.

Ted
    Run your wife a nice hot bath, light some candles & pour some wine. Then you've at least 40 mins on the xbox plus a clean wife.

My mate just spent £30 on a chicken that doesn't even lay eggs.
    Cock.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    Yes, once you have your key, you don't need to do anything to a lite-on drive other than plug it in, erase, and flash...so if it ends up your drive has died, all you need to do is buy a replacemenet Liteon and flash it, no need to open it up or anything.

If you are anywhere near the Blackpool area, id be happy to assist you with removal of clip and track rebuilding if you don't feel comfortable with it.

But check that cable first...ive had a similar experience and it turned out the cable wasnt pushed fully in at the motherboard end...had me worried for all of 10 seconds or so !
    Thanks mate, although for the SATA cable i am using the one that came with the LT Clip and switch (the one that splits to the switch and to the sata port on the xbox motherboard. should i be using the standard sata to sata?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-TED View Post
    Ideally you should unplug the ribbon cable to the lens when you flash, as a high percentage kill the dvd laser.

Ted
    yeh, i read this last night, why doesn't the JF tutorial state this? or do they and have overlooked it lol?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-TED View Post

Ted
    Slight difference of opinion here :-)

I'm not so sure that a "high percentage" is entirely accurate....I know some people do subscribe to this ribbon cable theory but more dispute it. Personaly I am one of the disputers. I have flashed (and reflashed) literaly hundereds of lite-on's without ever removing the ribbon cables and have never had a laser lost - it can't be just good luck on my behalf. I am more of the opinion that people who think they have lost a laser in this manner are just as likely to have static damaged the laser whilst doing the mra.
    I suppose it does no harm to remove the cable if you want peace of mind (though you could risk damaging the ribbon cable, or even static blast the board yourself), but I say its a waste of time doing so.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if i were you just remove the chip. I have done a few of those by running wires from the chip to board then its easy to remove. If you fit the chip into place removing it risks damaging tracks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok just to update this

had chance to try sort this just now

plugged it all in and switched on, Assassins Creed Brotherhood (AP2.5) booted fine, got to menu and to intro of the game and it went black screen and back to the dashboard - no sign of the E65 error???

then noticed i was getting the open tray error, it would still eject by the button but no games would boot up and just sat on "opening".

so opened the drive, tweaked the pot a little and the same thing happened. So put the pot back to what it was and now the drive is dead, no noise, no boot up noise, nothing.

Now i am very careful with the Ck3 and im 99.99% i didn't plug the power lead in the wrong way.

luckily i have a spare MS28 drive which i have spoofed with Samsung LT 1.1 and got it working with the xbox and games are working ok (not AP2.5 though).

so im thinking of taking the clip out and resoldering the traces to see if that fixes it? should i bother or is the liteon dead now?

i may try grab a Benq drive for this 360 so i can spoof it and hopefully Ap2.5 games will work with LT+ 1.1.

has anyone got a link to a guide on what i need to do to resolder the traces under the clip?

Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

well i cant believe it!

took the clip off, soldered the broken tracks with small pieces of kynar wire, checked continuity with multi meter and all looking good.

fired up 360 and the drive is ALIVE!!

reflashed to LT+ v1.1 and all seems to be working fine now

very odd this! i reckon the clip was on its way out - not sure how though

thanks all