Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention GT5 Spec 2.0 Now availible

October 10th, 2011 by Jordan

Gran Turismo 5‘s biggest update yet, Spec 2.0, is here! It weighs in at exactly 1192 MB, and is available now at no charge -- just load up your game and put your Internet connection to work.
    Here’s a complete overview of everything that’s been changed, tweaked, added, and implemented. As always head on over to
    for more discussion, analysis, and debate!

Major Changes and New Features
    - Standard Cars now given simplified cockpit views
    The over 800 standard cars included in the game are now given simplified cockpit views. You can change your view using the SELECT button when racing, to change your display to the exciting cockpit view.
    *Unlike the cockpit view of premium cars, the simplified cockpit is shown in a dark silhouette, and the gauges used for the car will be standard in-game instruments.
    - New Opening Movie
    A new opening movie is now available from “Gran Turismo TV”. When you download this movie, it will replace the current opening movie. The previous version will be viewable within Gran Turismo TV.
    - Addition of the weather change menu
    On some tracks with weather changes, it is now possible for the user to set time and weather changes from the Quick Menu in both the Arcade Mode, and “Practice” of the GT Mode. Also, you can make more detailed time and weather changes while editing in the course maker and in the online lounge.
    - Multiple car settings/save feature
    We’ve added a setting sheet feature that allows you to save multiple car settings.
    From the [Setting Sheet] on the lower right of the screen, you can check the current settings. You can switch between 3 settings A, B, and C, allowing you to change between your personal settings easily according to the type of race and your objectives.
    - Added 11 NASCAR cars
    The newest NASCAR 2011 models have been added to the car dealerships. The added cars are the following:

• Toyota 2011 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY ’11
    • Chevrolet 2011 Tony Stewart #14 Office Depot CHEVROLET IMPALA ’11
    • Toyota 2011 Kyle Busch #18 M&M’SR TOYOTA CAMRY ’11
    • Toyota 2011 Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY ’11
    • Chevrolet 2011 Jeff Gordon #24 Drive to End Hunger CHEVROLET IMPALA ’11
    • Chevrolet 2011 Juan Montoya #42 Target CHEVROLET IMPALA ’11
    • Ford 2011 AJ Allmendinger #43 Best Buy FORD FUSION ’11
    • Chevrolet 2011 Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe’s CHEVROLET IMPALA ’11
    • Toyota 2011 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY ’11
    • Chevrolet 2011 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 AMP Energy/National Guard CHEVROLET IMPALA ’11
    • Ford 2011 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION ’11

- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports
    The Nisssan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports has been added to the car dealer. This is the car entered in the 2011 Nurburgring 24 hour race by Schulze Motorsports of Germany, and is the very car in which Kazunori Yamauchi drove and achieved a class victory.
    - Avatar now usable in Photo Travel
    An Avatar ON/OFF feature has been added to Photo Travel. Now you can photograph your avatar together with your car.
    You can turn the driver avatar ON/OFF by pressing the △ button while positioning the car.
    - Replay Fast Forward/Rewind
    All replay videos recorded after the 2.0 update will have [Forward] [Rewind] buttons.
    You can now easily search for the scene you are looking for and play back a certain section whenever you want to, adding even more fun to the photo mode.
    -Improved Online Lounge
    [Car Restrictions] has been added in the regulations. You can now limit participants to specific categories such as “NASCAR” and “Super GT”. Also, there are now more cars that can be used in shuffle races, and a new “Shuffle Base” setting allows you to set the performance level of cars allocated to each player.
    For details, please see Top screen -- [Manual] -- [Online Race] -- [Event Settings] and the “Regulation Settings”.
    - Additional features to Remote Racing
    A “Graph Display” has been added to the remote race screen in GT My Home of granturismo.com, where you can enjoy B-Spec racing. This allows you to visually see the changes in positions in each lap. A time difference display for each car in the race has also been added.
    - New Photo Stage Added
    The “Indy: NASCAR Pit Stop” stage has been added to photo travel. We invite you to come see and capture the energy of NASCAR’s famous pit stops.
    - Addition of the Consecutive Login Bonus
    When a user logs in consecutively, a bonus will now be applied to experience and race rewards.
    It will increase to 110% in the 1st day, 130% in the 2nd day, 150% in the 3rd day, 170% in the 4th, to a maximum of 200% in the 5th day. This will apply to all events both online and offline, so logging in every day will make the game progress faster.
    - DLC (Downloadable Content) Compatibility
    A [Downloadable Content] button has been added to the lower right of the top screen. Here you can install content purchased from the PlayStation®Store,
    - Official Support for the G25/G27 Racing Wheels
    The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel and G27 Racing Wheel are now officially supported. You can now change button assignments for various racing controls on these wheels.
    Other Improvements
    - User interface improvement
    - Quick Menu can now be accessed while the race is loading.
    - It is now possible to save and resume endurance races.
    - Two NASCAR cars selectable in Arcade Mode have been changed from the 2010 models to 2011 models.
    - In the Arcade Settings of [Options], AI Car Characteristics settings has been added. You can now change the aggressiveness of the AI against you in Arcade races.
    - Some effects of Traction Control have been adjusted. When the TCS level is set to 1, it will not come into effect as much especially in tight corners on dirt tracks.
    - Surface Water and Tire Load Indicator displays have been added to the race screen. The Tire Load Indicator can be set from the Quick Options menu that is displayed during the race (when the game is paused using the START button), or the standard Options menu.
    - The option to Create Thumbnails for All Cars has been added to the context menu of the Garage. This will update the thumbnails of all cars in the garage.
    - Experience gained in online races have been increased by 60%, and rewards have been increased by 66%.
    - You can now change the Slipstream Strength settings in the lounge.
    - In the Lounge and in [Option] -- [General] -- [Arcade], it is now possible to turn Visible Damage ON or OFF.
    - Drivetrain settings has been added to the regulation settings in the Lounge.
    - A setting to prohibit “Tuning” of cars has been added to the regulations settings in the Lounge.
    - Adjusted the driving speed of formula cars in banks, and auto-drive when coming onto straights.
    - Added a button to [Reset Playlist to Original Settings] under the settings menus of [Menu BGM], [Race BGM] and [Slideshow BGM].
    - Personal BGM can now also be set in [Slideshow BGM]
    - A new brand “AMG” has been added to the MUSEUM.
    Correction of Known Issues
    - Corrected an issue where the “Torque Sensing Center Differential” installed on a Lancer Evolution X was not functioning.
    - Fixed an issue where you could participate in the Intermediate/Tarmac Rally of the Gran Turismo Rally in a Ferrari F1 by using the power limiter.
    - Fixed an issue where the Controller Steering Sensitivity was not applied correctly.
    - Fixed an issue where there was a server connection problem in certain network environments.
    - Fixed an issue where auto-drive would make braking mistakes.
    - Fixed an issue where the system would misjudge whether deceleration happens in time when making pit stops in the rain.

Thanks to MsDG

casio (12th October 2011) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: GT5 Spec 2.0 Now availible

October 11th, 2011 by Jordan

Hot on the heels of the massive
    , Polyphony Digital has
    all the juicy details on the game’s first batch of DLC, or “downloadable content”. It will all be available to purchase via the PlayStation Store, starting October 18th. Here’s a closer look at what’s coming:
    Course Pack ($4.99)

• Spa Francorchamps (with weather effects)
    • Kart Space I/II (at night)

Racing Car Pack ($7.99)

• Red Bull X2011 Protytpe ’11
    • Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
    • Honda CR-Z Touring Car
    • Mazda Roadster Touring Car
    • Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car
    • Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
    • Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 Touring Car
    • Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car
    • Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Touring Car
    • Subaru Impreza Touring Car
    • Toyota Prius Touring Car
    • Gran Turismo Racing Kart Jr.
    • Gran Turismo Racing Kart 100
    • Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125

Racing Gear Pack ($2.99)

• Includes
      of 8 famous WRC and NASCAR drivers and 12 new helmets.

Paint Pack ($1.99)

• Includes

Complete Pack ($11.99)

• Includes all the packs in one convenient bundle.

Screenshots

3 Thanks given to MsDG

casio (12th October 2011), WRATH OF BOD (12th October 2011), _Belial (12th October 2011) 

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Holy shit. Now THATS an update. Count me in.

6 year wait for the game, then less than a year later, an immense update materialises.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not sure i'd call it a mega update though, yes its massive but what does it actually give you? 1 proper new track, crappy cockpit views rather than proper cockpit views, a few new race cars and some new race suits. I'll still buy it mind...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not played GT5 since launch day, I was appalled by the slow loading times and crap online on it, so i'll patch it up now and see how things have improved since then.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Unfortunately Its too late for me and ive gone back to Forza(like a breath of fresh air).

Completely agree with Livesy - only good thing is Spa - useless cockpit views and charging for paint??!!! you cant even do anything else with cars once they have been painted.....

Really disapointed as bought PS3 pretty much purely for GT5

Edit - That was another big let-down, the online - never could get more than 10/11 people racing without issues.

Thanks to adeingolf

HELPERS (12th October 2011) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Waited years for it and got a ps3 just for the game. It was so cack I didn't bother playing after around 2-3 weeks and sold my ps a couple of months ago. Cunts should have released a full game rather than doing it in bits and pieces.

If they didn't have enough time to finsh the game then they at least should have put a little slip in the dvd case letting us know when we can expect the various parts of the game to be released so people don't get bored and trade the game in or in my case get shot of the whole damn console.

Thanks to Over carl

HELPERS (12th October 2011) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by adeingolf View Post
    Edit - That was another big let-down, the online - never could get more than 10/11 people racing without issues.
    Strange I play it almost every week 10+ of us without issue - I still prefer the handling on GT5 to Forza as well. Will be getting the DLC for it and am happy they have finally allowed us to save mid way through an endurance race means I can get them finished now.
    Still be getting the LE Forza4 on Friday mind

2 Thanks given to prezzy

baronvon (12th October 2011) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cool, I am sure you must be in the minority, although we did have a number of overseas players in our league. The odd occassions we managed 12+ grids was always good fun, but looking at the 2 games now there just seems so much more inForza IMO. Real shame as GT5 was good for a while.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aye we are all uk based so perhaps that makes it better? looking forward to getting a proper version of Forza 4 on Friday my jtag one crashes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Has the prize money been reduced on the seasonal races? Just doing the 90s jap race and 1st is only 150k! Sure it was double that last week!

Edit WTF the price of the online cars has doubled as well! The cockpit view is a joke as well. Complete shambles that has made the game worse. I won't be buying any dlc until they sort it out.
    Last edited by liveseytowers; 12th October 2011 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I didn't realize how long it is since I last played gt5 and because of that I didn't know there was an update till I saw this thread so im well chuffed.

like most on here I waited years for this game and was less than blown away, the constant loading between just about everything did my head in, then the psn got hacked and I lost interest.

Which should I do first upgrade to iOS5 or update gt5 all these 5's are a bit weird its a shame I can't install gt5 on my iphone or iOS on the ps3 lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its a lot better than when it first came out, the loading times don't bother me any more so they must have improved. The online seasonal races are what have kept me interested and the rare cars being reduced in price. You could do 5 laps and win 500k and then spunk some cash on some rare Jap cars. Shame they've ruined that now as you now get 150k and the cars are proper expensive At least Forza is out tomorrow

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by prezzy View Post
    Aye we are all uk based so perhaps that makes it better? looking forward to getting a proper version of Forza 4 on Friday my jtag one crashes
    Have you updated to the latest DashLaunch mate, that is supposed to fix the errors in Forza but I ain't tried it myself yet.