Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: XBOX ONE

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: XBOX ONE

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Internal is 500gb NON replacable but you will be able to install anything you want on a USB hard drive (unlike the current generation).

I like someones comment on using USB SSD to play games from and I am assuming that you would no longer have to change the disk when playing different games as they are linked to your account.

Will be interesting to see the cost of giving the disk to your friends and them having to buy it compared with pre-owned from a shop.

Am tempted with PS4 at this point though.
    MKV and NTFS support would be good as well.

Also will be keen to see if the console is just a brick if not connected for more than 24 hours or if the media stuff still works.
    I had to wait 3 months for O2 to keep fucking up my broadband install at my new place.

Luckily can do WIFI hotspot on my phone so would be able to at least play if on the move.

Also interested to see the performance impact the cloud would have.
    They discuss the benefits of using the cloud to do some of the processing but if it isn't there then would the gfx looks more basic / the game perform slower in some games?

E3 should be very interesting
    Last edited by inspectercoley; 24th May 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bit more info of the 'second hand market'. Nothing conclusive though:

The stage lights had barely dimmed at the
    before the internet started tripping over itself with questions about how the second-hand market was expected to operate -- or if there was going to be one at all. Microsoft
    there would be, but aside from whispers of a used game "activation fee" the finer details were kept under wraps. We may know a little more now, however, as MCVclaims to have heard specifics from retailers who have been briefed by Redmond on the trade-in process. Allegedly, shops that wish to buy and sell a title will need to be hooked up to a Microsoft database so that access to the game can be removed from the previous owner's account and transferred to a new one. A retailer can sell the game for whatever it likes, but the system will ensure that a cut goes to publisher as well as Microsoft. It all sounds fairly logical, but who knows? The truth could be even more complicated.

Source:

I do like this idea in a way, it means people selling games on as debt or youf's stealing them will be nipped in the butt potentially...

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's a bit of an ugly brute isn't it?!

I always thought that the 360 had a really nice and slick design, and MS had fixed the aesthetic mistakes of the Xbox (what do we call it now, the 'original xbox', rather than 'xbox 1')? Feels like they have taken a backwards step.
    Last edited by flumperino; 24th May 2013 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    It's a bit of an ugly brute isn't it?!

I always thought that the 360 had a really nice and slick design, and MS had fixed the aesthetic mistakes of the Xbox (what do we call it now, the 'original xbox', rather than 'xbox 1')? Feels like they have taken a backwards step.
    Maybe but with that size ventilation shouldn't be a problem. I posted a photo of the inside of the One and the fan is massive - guess that's why the case is so big
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | XBox 360 Slim | LG 3DTV | DM800HD | 2013 MacBook Pro Retina | MS Surface Pro 3 | Raspberry Pi
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil
    Twitter : @leeburridge

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've bought the original xbox and the 360 on release date as my sole gaming console but i won't be buying xbox one, everything about this console is muddled and over complicated..
    It reminds me of one of them multi tools which can be a handy piece of kit whilst out and about but if you were using it on a regular basis you would buy a proper screwdriver/knife for the job.

I'm sure the xbox one will appeal to a huge market but sadly not me, I want a dedicated gaming console without all the bells and whistles.....

Some of the lads were talking about the Steam Box last night which looks promising.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JONNYG View Post
    I've bought the original xbox and the 360 on release date as my sole gaming console but i won't be buying xbox one, everything about this console is muddled and over complicated..
    It reminds me of one of them multi tools which can be a handy piece of kit whilst out and about but if you were using it on a regular basis you would buy a proper screwdriver/knife for the job.

I'm sure the xbox one will appeal to a huge market but sadly not me, I want a dedicated gaming console without all the bells and whistles.....

Some of the lads were talking about the Steam Box last night which looks promising.
    I would rather build my own gaming PC, the Steambox kinda defeats the point of PC gaming.. .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

2 Thanks given to blaggard

JONNYG (25th May 2013), macmilm (25th May 2013) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

the spec on that steam box thingy is crap get the xbox one. just for the fifa 14 content

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bennym View Post
    the spec on that steam box thingy is crap get the xbox one. just for the fifa 14 content
    Where is that spec please?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not found much on the steam box and couldn't find any confirmed info on the specs, to be honest i can't see all the lads i play with building there own pc's but you never know....
    What ever happens i will be playing COD on some sort of platform and i suppose time will tell but as it stands the xbox one is at the bottom of my list at the mo which is the feeling of most of the lads i go online with
    I will probably be eating my words by the time of release and do what the majority do

Thanks
    Karma Level

Funny how none of the media outlets have mentioned this:

The Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled that publishers cannot stop you from reselling your downloaded games.

More specifically: "An author of software cannot oppose the resale of his 'used' licences allowing the use of his programs downloaded from the internet."

The Court said the exclusive right of distribution of a copy of a computer program covered by the license is "exhausted on its first sale".

The ruling means that gamers in European Union member states are free to sell their downloaded games, whether they're from Steam, Origin or another digital platform - no matter what End User License Agreement has been signed.

The ruling continues: "Therefore, even if the licence agreement prohibits a further transfer, the rightholder can no longer oppose the resale of that copy."

The ruling suggests that if you've bought a license for a game off your mate, you're within your rights to download it from the publisher's website. "Therefore the new acquirer of the user licence, such as a customer of UsedSoft, may, as a lawful acquirer of the corrected and updated copy of the computer program concerned, download that copy from the copyright holder's website," the Court said.

Source:

As spineless and submissive as the UK authorities are we pay to protect the people's rights (Trading standards, Office of fair trading, Monopolies commission) the other European countries and authorities are not as submissive as ours and it would end in court.

I suspect a double bluff here and fishing for reaction, for example the Government may decide they need to put 2p on a litre of fuel so they leak rumours and suggest fuel is going up by 5p a litre and then when they finally announce the 2p increase instead of protest you get people saying 'well at least it's not the 5p we expected' and the Government say we have listened to the people and managed to lower the increase.

There are also rumours of a subscription rather than paying for a yearly membership forgetting the fact you can not enter into a contract with a minor again not mentioned by media outlets, this would right off a mass of the market for them and/or force parents into signing contacts and paying subscriptions for them.

For All The Latest Console News, Views & Reviews
    He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither -*Benjamin Franklin

5 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

AD (25th May 2013), Chubbs (26th May 2013), Detector (25th May 2013), inspectercoley (28th May 2013), macmilm (25th May 2013) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

What I wanna know is can i use one live account across the one and a 360? Obviously not at the same time. I have kids games I have bought on my gamertag like minecraft and when I get the one my 360 will go into the boys bedroom. Don't wanna be paying out for two live accounts

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lloydi View Post
    What I wanna know is can i use one live account across the one and a 360? Obviously not at the same time. I have kids games I have bought on my gamertag like minecraft and when I get the one my 360 will go into the boys bedroom. Don't wanna be paying out for two live accounts
    The "new generation" of Xbox Live will be compatible with both Xbox 360 and Xbox One and allow users to communicate with each other across consoles.

Microsoft's president of Interactive Entertainment Business, Don Mattrick, confirmed to Polygon players will be able to chat and communicate across the generational barrier between Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

The integrated Xbox Live service will also allow players to use a single account across multiple systems.

"And because it's all one service, your Xbox Live Gold membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One," the Xbox website explains.

For more on Microsoft's new console, be sure to explore our StoryStream below.

SOURCE Xbox.com

2 Thanks given to Mr.James

Bald Bouncer (25th May 2013), lloydi (25th May 2013) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice one, cheers for that

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just did the dirty and pre-ordered in Game, asked about the PS4 and the guy said that in less than a week the One orders have overtaken the PS4.

Both pre-orders opened when the machines got officially announced.

3 Thanks given to Chubbs

EvilBoB (28th May 2013), macmilm (26th May 2013), raelmadrid (26th May 2013) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

So how do I sell Xbox Arcade and Steam games?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sadly, currently, with the machine they are installed on!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Just did the dirty and pre-ordered in Game, asked about the PS4 and the guy said that in less than a week the One orders have overtaken the PS4.

Both pre-orders opened when the machines got officially announced.
    This doesn't surprise me. The XO or X1 or whatever you want to called it is a home entertainment system and games machine. I can see families buying this over the PS4. We are living in a world where money is tight for a lot of people and £400 (or however much it is) will be a lot of money to spend. MS have positioned the X1 as a device that even "mum" can use and see the benefits of.

Though if you believe IGN hardly anyone is buying the X1. But then I am fairly sure IGNs website is trolled by $ony reps.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | XBox 360 Slim | LG 3DTV | DM800HD | 2013 MacBook Pro Retina | MS Surface Pro 3 | Raspberry Pi
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil
    Twitter : @leeburridge

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678